Monday, April 5, 2010

Musical Pizza

I recently heard a joke.
"What's the difference between a music major and a pizza?"

"A pizza can feed a family"

Now, this joke is kinda funny. If you're not a music major. Me being a music major was slightly downed by the joke not only because of my choice of a college major, but because I think of myself as a pretty good cook. :)

I couldn't really let myself be too offended by the joke because the joker was an electrical engineer. And try as I might, I support his career every single stinking day. When I turn off my alarm clock. Take a shower, blow dry my hair and drive to school. Then I go to classes in fancy building designed and built by architects and assisted by... electrical engineers.

I'm very glad these architects and engineers do the things they do. I like my warm showers and lights on at night. But I can't help wondering what would happen if more people in the world supported MY career choice and all other aspects of other people's artistic endeavors?

I'm certain there would be no doubt in the world as the whether a music major could feed his or her family just as well as a pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment