Saturday, May 8, 2010

my peanut butter chronicles

I am an avid fan of peanut butter. Here are some of my afore-written odes and essays. More will probably follow if I am ever inclined to share my feelings on how marvelous peanut butter is again:

SO my lovely roommate requested that I take out my passions online instead of her.
Peanut Butter is fantastic. It has the amazing nutty aroma and the perfect zang of stick to your mouth goodness. And Jelly is even more superb. It's many varieties of smished fruit combine with the nutty smear of peanut butter make the perfect balance of what I can imagine how acids and bases balance each other out in a chemical reaction. And then the bread. Two solid slices of carby delisiousness keep the chemical balance together. The bread is solid, the peanut butter and jelly smooth and rich... like edible mud. All together the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is the Perfect Sandwich. It's like stepping into a pile of wet earth and feeling it squish between your toes, With wee bits of stable green grass poking through keeping the mud in place. It's stress relief after a day of rigid high heels. Peanut butter and jelly take the place of the aromatic earth, as it leaves a youthful oder of a room of elementary children during lunch. PBJ sandwiches are youthful. They keep us young and alive. Embrace the PB&J in you and keep it close to your heart. And may the kisses to your loved one be sticky, reminding you of your 3 year old childhood.

So I love Peanut Butter. I think its something I got from my grandpa who also loves the delectable condiment, as well as anything containing peanuts. But I wanted to write a note on a brand new Peanut Butter idea that I came across, and wanted to share and see if there were any other Peanut Butter lovers who also think this idea should come to pass. Here's the story:
My boyfriend, Kason, and I were giving our dear friend Angel a ride to a church dance. Angel got the hiccups and announced that the only way to cure her hiccups was for her to eat Peanut Butter (She's a Peanut Butter lover too). After this announcement a conversation ensued on what the best possible way to get emergency Peanut Butter to Angel when a case of annoying hiccups arose. Somehow, the conclusion was to make small packets of Peanut Butter, similar to small packets of Ketchup, or Mustard, or Mayonnaise that you get with hamburgers. Then you could also pair them with packets of jam or jelly and have instant healthy snacks on crackers. Or, you could save yourself from washing a spoon when digging in the jar for a smackeral of Peanuttiness. Plus, the biggest benefit, they are small enough for Angel to carry around with her and to whip out and stop her hiccups. Another great benefit! Ooh! FLAVORED Peanut Butter Packets!! or NUTELLA packets for the chocolate inclined!!

*disclaimer. This was an idea of Kason, Keisha, and Angel combined(not sure who for sure) and if you steal our idea we will sue you for a million jillion dollars and a lifetime supply of gourmet Peanut Butter. Plus stealing is bad and make you an automatic weenie. And if this is already an idea and you know where to BUY Peanut Butter Packets, please let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment